12.02.2009

Some Recent Mark Making

So these are a few images I've gathered over the last two years. I view them as my initial explorations into the use of mark making as means of meditation. These hours of contemplation provide a form of voice that relies on the improvised language of visual symbols encoded by the imagination to communicate with others. Each one of these works acts as a marker for lessons learned as I've stumbled upon them over time. I am currently finishing up my first illustration for a new focus and body of work entitled "Ghost Medicine" which chronicles my burgeoning discoveries in herbalism and ethnobotany. More information on that undertaking is available in my artist statement. Feel free to drop a line for any questions you might have. Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog!

"Fallow Fields" Pen and Ink 8.5"x11" 2007

"Ian Creath 1987-2007" Linoleum Cut and Water Color 28"x22" 1/12

"Lines and Cycles" (first pen drawing ever!) 8.5"x11" 2007

"Volumes" Reductive Charcoal Drawing 32"x24" 2007

"untitled" Pen and Ink. 8.5" x 11" 2008


"Insect Heart Logo" Pen and Ink 15"x12"

"The Desert EP " Serigraph. 24" x 16" 2008



"untitled" Pen and Ink. 32" x 30" 2008

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to look at your work
    dont stop
    deb
    gabriola island

    ReplyDelete